What We Believe
- Learning is active - Students are scientists, urban planners, historians and activists, investigating real community problems and collaborating with peers to develop creative, actionable solutions.
- Learning is challenging - Students at all levels are pushed and supported to do more than they think they can. Excellence is expected in the quality of their work and thinking.
- Learning is meaningful - Students apply their skills and knowledge to real-world issues and problems and make positive change in their communities. They see the relevance of their learning and are motivated by understanding that learning has purpose.
- Learning is public - Through formal structures of presentation, exhibition, critique, and data analysis, students and teachers build a shared vision of pathways to achievement.
- Learning is collaborative - School leaders, teachers, students and families share rigorous expectations for quality work, achievement and behavior. Trust, respect, responsibility, and joy in learning permeate the school culture.
Significant Support Needs: The Significant Support Needs team assists K-5 students who require more help throughout the day to learn and be successful in school. The team helps students with schoolwork individualized to their learning level, social skills, gaining independence, and/or physical/medical needs.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)