Welcome to Adams 12 Five Star Early Childhood Education! Our Early Childhood Education Department offers various opportunities to provide excellence for your child's earliest learning experiences. Our focus it to activate your child's developmental learning through a preschool classroom environment. Often, students learning needs are diverse; our classrooms provide our learners a safe and content rich environment to explore their first learning opportunities. Come explore Adams 12 Early Childhood Education!
Upcoming Events: (updated 1/28/2020)
Please see updated information about enrollment by going to the Getting Started page.
Preschool Opportunities that remain for the 2019-2020 school year
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is expanding early childhood education opportunities for the 2019-2020 school year. At this time options for students with disabilities and tuition-based enrollment are available for the 2019-2020 school year. Preschool is half-day and is held four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers a tuition preschool program that provides families an enriching opportunity for their preschool aged child to participate in a learning environment lead by teachers and staff with specialized experience in child development. Students get an opportunity to participate in an integrated classroom that supports academic, motor, language, literacy and social/emotional developmental learning opportunities.
During the 2019-2020 school year, tuition programming is be offered at the following locations:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary
- Cherry Drive Elementary
- Mountain View Elementary
- STEM Lab K-8
- Thunder Vista P-8
Applying for Tuition-Based Preschool:
Beginning with the 2020-21 school year enrollment process, admissions to tuition-based preschool programs will be managed through the district’s Schools of Choice program. Please click on the link for more information: https://www.adams12.org/admissions/choice-schools
The district will accept applications from all students no matter their boundary school. In the event that there is more interest than space available, a lottery will be conducted and priority enrollment will be given to families that reside in the school's boundary.
- The cost of the tuition preschool program is $365 per month (Due on the 1st of every month).
- A $315 deposit and $50 registration fee will be due at the time of enrollment.
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers preschool to a limited number of children who qualify for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). CPP is offered for eligible children at no cost to the family. Classes are held four half-days per week.
Each family is required to meet criteria for eligibility into the CPP. For more information, including eligibility and qualifying factors visit: Getting Started.
Do you have questions about your child's development? If so, please contact us at Getting Started to find out more information.
Children who qualify for special education services through an evaluation, eligibility determination and development of an Individual Education Program (IEP), will be placed in an integrated classroom four days a week, three hours each day. Preschool Special Education is another possible avenue that is state- and federally-mandated to support students who meet state eligibility guidelines, at no cost to families.
Students transferring into Adams 12 Five Star Schools, that already have an IEP, please contact Child Find at Getting Started to get started.
If you have questions about your child's development, and your child is within the age range of birth through 5 years old, prior to kindergarten, please visit: Getting Started
Tuition Preschool Enrollment Guidelines
- Students must be 3 years old by the first day of school and cannot turn 5 before Oct. 1, 2019. Students that are 5 years old by October 1 will not be eligible for preschool.
- If there is more interest than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted with priority given to families that live in the school's attendance boundary.
- Families interested in attending through the tuition program are required to complete the tuition enrollment process.
- Acceptance into one of the preschool programs does NOT guarantee acceptance into the school's kindergarten class. Families that live outside of the school's attendance boundary must re-apply for kindergarten the following year. All STEM Lab preschool families interested in attending kindergarten at STEM Lab next year must re-apply.