Welcome to Adams 12 Five Star Early Childhood Education! Our Early Childhood Education Department offers various opportunities to provide excellence for your child's earliest learning experiences. Our focus it to activate your child's developmental learning through a preschool classroom environment. Often, students learning needs are diverse; our classrooms provide our learners a safe and content rich environment to explore their first learning opportunities. Come explore Adams 12 Early Childhood Education!
Following State and local agency guidance, as well as District protocols, we remain committed to supporting the needs of our Five Star families.
UPDATE: May 27, 2021
Important things to consider:
- For CPP families, enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year began March 1, 2021.
- For CPP families, if you have received your email confirming you qualified for the CPP program and you have completed the Online Registration and upload of required documents, and have filled out and submitted the ASQ and the Placement Preference Form, the next step is that you will receive a welcome letter by July 15th to let you know of the placement decision and the start of school information. Otherwise, you will only be contacted if you are missing any of the required information.
Please see updated information about enrollment by going to the Getting Started page.
Adams 12 District preschool currently offers three pathways for families to choose from. The three pathways include half-day programming for students in the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP), Students identified as having a disability, or tuition. We invite you to explore the information about each program to determine which one best fits your child's needs.
As you explore the information, there is important information to consider including when students can start preschool. Students must be 3 years old by their first day of school, and if they turn 5 anytime after Oct. 1, 2021 can attend preschool. However, students that turned 5 years old on or before October 1, 2021 will not be eligible for preschool, instead, they would enroll in kindergarten.
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP)
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers preschool to a limited number of children who qualify for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). CPP is offered for eligible children at no cost to the family. Classes are held four half-days per week.
Each family is required to meet criteria for eligibility into the Adams 12 Colorado Preschool Program (CPP). For more information, including eligibility and qualifying factors visit: Getting Started.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers a tuition preschool program that provides families an enriching opportunity for their preschool aged child to participate in a learning environment lead by teachers and staff with specialized experience in child development. Students get an opportunity to participate in an integrated classroom that supports academic, motor, language, literacy and social/emotional developmental learning opportunities.
Tuition programming will be offered at the following locations:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary
- Cherry Drive Elementary
- Mountain View Elementary
- STEM Lab K-8
- Thunder Vista P-8
Applying for Tuition-Based Preschool:
For the 2021-22 school year, families who are interested in Tuition-Based preschool should contact the schools offering tuition preschool (see list above) directly to find out more information about space availability and to apply. For other questions about this process, please call Danica Kerber in the Preschool office at 720-972-8762.
The district will accept applications from all students no matter their boundary school. In the event that there is more interest than space available, a lottery will be conducted and priority enrollment will be given to families that reside in the school's boundary.
- The cost of the tuition preschool program is $365 per month (Due on the 1st of every month).
- A $315 deposit and $50 registration fee will be due at the time of enrollment.
Do you have questions about your child's development? If so, please contact us at Getting Started to find out more information.
Children who qualify for special education services through an evaluation, eligibility determination and development of an Individual Education Program (IEP), will be placed in an integrated classroom four days a week, three hours each day. Preschool Special Education is another possible avenue that is state- and federally-mandated to support students who meet state eligibility guidelines, at no cost to families.
Students transferring into Adams 12 Five Star Schools, that already have an IEP, please contact Child Find at Getting Started to get started.
If you have questions about your child's development, and your child is within the age range of birth through 5 years old, prior to kindergarten, please visit: Getting Started
Tuition Preschool Enrollment Guidelines
- As noted above, students must be 3 years old for their first day of school and cannot turn 5 before Oct. 1, 2021. Students that turn 5 years old before or on October 1 will not be eligible for preschool.
- If there is more interest than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted with priority given to families that live in the school's attendance boundary.
- Families interested in attending through the tuition program are required to complete the tuition enrollment process.
- Acceptance into one of the preschool programs does NOT guarantee acceptance into the school's kindergarten class. Families that live outside of the school's attendance boundary must re-apply for kindergarten the following year. All STEM Lab preschool families interested in attending kindergarten at STEM Lab next year must re-apply.