CPP (Colorado Preschool Program) Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
CPP Enrollment for 2021-22 school year begins March 1, 2021.
1. Please review eligibility criteria for CPP in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- Students must meet age requirements and qualifying risk factors. All 4 year old students must meet at least one of the qualifying risk factors (4 on or before October 1, 2021). All qualifying 3 year olds (3 on or before October 1, 2021) must meet at least three of the qualifying risk factors.
Students need to qualify with state criteria for eligibility into the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP), which is at no cost to the family. Below are the qualifying risk factors.
- The child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch
- Homelessness of the child’s family
- Child is receiving services from the State Department of Social Services as neglected or dependent children
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Poor social skills of the child
- Frequent relocation by the child’s family to new residences
- The child’s parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent
- Parent(s) of the child was less than eighteen years of age and unmarried when the child was born
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child’s family
- An abusive adult residing in the home of the child
- During Round 1 of enrollment, through May 31, 2021, the child and parent/guardian must reside within the Adams 12 Five Star School Boundaries. Please use the boundary locator to determine if you live within Adams 12 Boundaries https://www.adams12.org/departments/admissions/boundary-locator. During Round 2 of enrollment, families who reside outside of the Adams 12 Five Star School Boundaries may be considered for enrollment.
2. Please complete the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) Application by clicking on this link CPP Enrollment Application 2021-2022:
Upon submission of application, eligibility for the program will be determined using the above qualifying factors. Please allow 4 weeks to be contacted by the preschool team regarding eligibility and next steps. In the next steps you will be able to request your choice of location for Preschool. A list of Preschool locations for 2021-2022 can be found here.
If you have any questions, contact our Early Childhood Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 720-972-8762. For Spanish only - call 720-972-3870.
CPP enrollment for the current 2020-21 school year is now closed.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers a tuition preschool program that provides families an enriching opportunity for their preschool aged child to participate in a learning environment lead by teachers and staff with specialized experience in child development. Students get an opportunity to participate in an integrated classroom that supports academic, motor, language, literacy and social/emotional developmental learning opportunities.
Tuition programming will be offered at the following locations:
- Arapahoe Ridge Elementary
- Cherry Drive Elementary
- Mountain View Elementary
- STEM Lab K-8
- Thunder Vista P-8
Applying for Tuition-Based Preschool:
For the 2021-22 school year, families who are interested in Tuition-Based preschool should contact the schools offering tuition preschool (see list above) directly to find out more information about space availability and to apply. For other questions about this process, please call Danica Kerber in the Preschool office at 720-972-8762.
The district will accept applications from all students no matter their boundary school. In the event that there is more interest than space available, a lottery will be conducted and priority enrollment will be given to families that reside in the school's boundary.
For the remainder of the 2020-21 school year, please contact the school directly (see list above) for availability and information on enrolling in the tuition program.
- The cost of the tuition preschool program is $365 per month (Due on the 1st of every month).
- A $315 deposit and $50 registration fee will be due at the time of enrollment.
Child Find for ages 0-5
At Adams 12 Child Find, we make sure that children demonstrating they may have difficulty in learning or possible delays, can get the help they need to be successful. Below is a list of developmental areas that we may evaluate:
- academic (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- motor (fine and gross motor)
- hearing and/or vision
Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or community agency. The process for children age 3-5 will begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a multi-disciplinary, play-based, evaluation. The team, including parents, will then make some decisions about next steps, which include eligibility for special education services.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact:
Birth to 3 years old
For children who are ages birth through 3 years old, we partner with an outside community agency. The agency is dependent upon which county you live in: