Notice of Intent to Submit an Application for 21st CCLC Afterschool Programs
In accordance with the request for application (RFA) instructions released by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), Adams 12 Five Star Schools submits a public notice to the community intent to submit an application for a 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant. The grant will allow for PEAK to continue operations at the following schools:
- Coronado Hills Elementary School
- Hillcrest Elementary School
- Malley Drive Elementary School
- North Star Elementary School
- Stukey Elementary School
- Thornton Elementary School.
The purpose of the 21st CCLC Program is to:
Allow eligible applicants to establish or expand community learning centers that provide students with academic enrichment opportunities, along with activities designed to complement the students' regular academic program. CDE will award approximately $5.75 million to centers across the state.
The term "community learning center" refers to an entity that:
Assists students to meet the challenging State academic standards by providing the students with academic enrichment activities and a broad array of other activities during non-school hours or periods when school is not in session (before, after school, and or during summer recess) that:
- reinforce and complement the regular academic programs of the schools attended by the students served; and
- are targeted schools the students' academic needs and aligned with the instruction students receive during the school day; and
- Offers families of students served by such centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children's education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
Priority will be given to those programs serving students that attend high-poverty, low-performing schools.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the Five Star District's intent to apply for the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant Program, please contact Stephanie Hansen at 20-972-5565 or Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org