Volunteers are among the Five Star District's most valuable assets in providing the best possible education for each student. From volunteering in the classroom to leading a districtwide accountability committee, volunteers serve in various roles all to the contribution of elevating student success.
- provide teachers with more time to work with students
- enrich children's learning opportunities
- provide individual attention to children who may need more one-on-one assistance than the classroom teacher is able to provide
- promote a school/home/community partnership for quality education
- assist teachers and support personnel in non-instructional tasks
- promote and support a school through school-based community groups like PTO, PTA, Boosters, etc.
- guide the district through various accountability committees
Those interested in volunteering should read the Volunteer Handbook. It features information on specific volunteer opportunities, application procedures, district policies and the volunteer code of conduct agreement.
Our volunteers' contributions to the lives of our students and community are invaluable. We are grateful to have a community of citizens of all ages that values the future of our kids.
If you are interested in volunteering with a the district or committee or other avenue, visit Get Involved.