The Office of Whole Child Initiatives
- Homeless Education Services (McKinney-Vento, Title IX, Part A of ESSA)
- Child Welfare Education Liaison - Foster Care
- Student and Family Outreach Program (SFOP)
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Initiatives - Wellness
Our Mission and Purpose:
To assist in removing barriers that keep students from thriving in school and provide support to schools to keep all students healthy, safe, supported, engaged, and challenged by:
- Providing community referrals (housing, clothing, food, mental health, etc.) and intensive case management for students, families, and unaccompanied homeless youth.
- Assisting with outreach and enrollment for Medicaid (Health First CO)/CHP+
- Identifying, verifying, and flagging students who are eligible for homeless education services (FRL and transportation assistance) so that students can remain in their school of origin
- Working with other school districts and county agencies to support children in foster care to remain in their school of origin regardless of change in address.
- Providing a (limited) amount of tangible resources to families (backpacks, school supplies, school uniforms, diapers, hygiene items, laundry detergent)
- Managing the online Adams 12 resource guide
- Nurturing and maintaining relationships with community partners
- Offering training and guidance around implementing restorative practices
- Supporting schools in implementing staff and student wellness initiatives