Charter schools are tuition-free public schools. Charter schools are semi-autonomous schools of choice, authorized and operated under a contract between the charter school’s board and the local board of education. Parents interested in enrolling in any Adams 12 Five Star Schools' authorized charter school should contact the school directly to discuss application and enrollment procedures.
Adams 12 Charter School Authorizing
Adams 12 Five Star Schools strives to provide quality charter school authorizing based on principles rooted in recommendations from the National Association of Charter School Authorizers and the Colorado Association of Charter School Authorizers, including:
- Maintaining high expectations for student achievement and overall school performance
- Protecting student and public interests
- Recognizing charter school autonomy
In support of quality charter authorizing principles, the district’s Office of Charter Partnerships supports charter school success through collaboration and performance monitoring across multiple areas, including:
- Academic growth and achievement
- Financial accountability and transparency
- Organizational performance, including effective governance practices and other opportunities for parent involvement.
- Positive, safe school climate and culture
- Equal access and educational opportunities for all students, including those with special learning needs.