Community-wide Investment Plan
Investing in Every Student, Every School, Every Community
Every school, including our district charter schools, will benefit from the proposed bond plan that reflects the community’s priorities.
- Repair and replace aging building components such as heating and cooling, roofs or plumbing.
- Renovate aging schools and the Five Star Stadium; replace or upgrade athletic fields;improve facilities for art, music and theater, repair or replace playgrounds at schools across the district.
- Share a percentage of funding with district charter schools to address their facility needs.
Safety & Security
- Upgrade security cameras and recorders, implement consistent emergency protocol systems at all schools, and replace handheld emergency communication system.
- Provide every school with funding for specific instructional upgrades that meet learning needs. School leaders will engage communities in how to best utilize funds based on each school's unique needs.
- Build a new P-8 school in the Anthem neighborhood to address growth, construct new additions at Arapahoe Ridge and Cotton Creek elementary schools and purchase land for future schools.
- Expand Career and Technical Education offerings such as skilled trades, technical sciences, health care, advanced manufacturing, etc.
- Add new space for Early Childhood Education.
- Update critical communication systems, maintain reliable internet access and enhance online learning opportunities for students at all schools.
To view your neighborhood or child's school investment plan, visit here.
Construction on the new FutureForward at Washington Square career and technical education campus in Thornton took large strides forward in the months of December and January.
The steel structure for the building is now place and work has now moved to the pouring of concrete slabs, roof placement and enclosure work will likely begin in late February or early March.
The new ...
Bollman Technical Education students got the opportunity to sign their name to a piece of history in January.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction , which is building the district's second career and technical education campus, FutureForward at Washington Square , delivered a steel beam, part of the new campus steel structure, to Bollman Jan. 15. In a time-honored construction ...