Families must submit to request a learning device and/or apply for Learning Pods
As the school year quickly approaches, we need your help to support all of our students and families during this unique start to the school year.
All families are asked to complete our Family Needs & Intent Form as soon as possible. The deadline to submit the form is by the end of the day on Monday, Aug. 10. In this form, families will be asked to indicate their need and intent on the following:
Access to a learning device for each child in the family
Access to reliable internet
Apply for a Learning Pod (students in grades K-8) *More information about Learning Pods is available in the form or on the district website.
Complete the Family Needs & Intent Form (<< click to submit the form in English)
Complete el formulario en español (<< click to submit the form in Spanish)
All submissions for a Learning Pod spot will be considered and will not be based on a first-come, first-served basis. Families are, however, encouraged to submit the form as soon as possible so we can best assess interest and need.
Important things to Note
Complete Online Check-in
All families with a child(ren) in a district school must complete the Online Check-in process as soon as possible. This is separate from the Family Needs & Intent Form. This annual process must be completed regardless of the learning model for the fall.
Completing this process confirms two things:
- Family contact information to ensure you are receiving timely updates from the district and schools.
- Child’s enrollment in a school to allow staff to build appropriate class schedules and teacher assignments.
School Meal Benefits
Meals will continue to be provided for students during this Fall learning model. Meals will be available for students in the building and also for families to pick-up at drive thru locations. All families are encouraged to apply for school meal benefits for the 2020-2021 school year. All families must reapply every year. Families can apply online at www.adams12.org/myschoolapps.
Frequently asked questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding remote learning, learning pods, in-person instruction opportunities, etc. > https://www.adams12.org/Onward-FAQs. If you don’t see a question you have about the learning model for the 2020-2021 school year, you can submit a question on the district website.
Over the coming weeks you will continue to receive communication from the district, your child’s school and your child’s teacher. Keep an eye out for these timely updates as we approach the start of the school year. In addition you will find some key dates below.
- By end of day Monday, Aug. 10: Deadline for families to complete the Family Needs & Intent Form.
- No later than Friday, Aug. 14: Families can anticipate hearing from their child's school with school-specific information about the Fall 2020 learning plan and back-to-school welcome activities.
- No later than Friday, Aug. 21: Families will be notified if their child has been selected for a Learning Pod.
- Thursday, Aug. 27: First day of remote learning for all students.
- Thursday, Aug. 27 - Friday, Sept. 25: Remote learning continues for all district students with some periodic, small group in-person opportunities for all students to engage with fellow students and school staff.
- On or before Friday, Sept. 11: A decision will be made about the continued learning model for the remainder of the first semester [i.e. return to in-person learning (full-time and/or hybrid) or continue remote learning].
As a reminder, our Onward website serves as a resource for information as we move ahead together in creating a safe learning environment for all students, staff and families. For all information on the learning model: www.adams12.org/onward.