Summer 2021 Bond Projects
Construction and school improvement work will continue across the Five Star District in Summer 2021 as part of the 2016 Bond Program with projects at nearly 30 schools and facilities.
Some examples of the repair and renovation work that will take place at schools includes:
- Critical building systems improvements including plumbing repairs and mechanical systems such as building HVAC
- Safety and security improvements such as replacement and installation of digital security cameras, new building electronic card reader access and security improvements to building front entrances
- Renovations and upgrades to buildings and school specials programs as outlined by school Design Advisory Groups
- Roof replacement and restoration projects
- Playground replacement and improvement projects
Roof Replacement/Restoration Projects
Huron Office Building
Playground Replacement Projects
The process for bond building improvements at a school or facility generally involves the selection of a project architect to lead the design process, a contractor to handle the physical implementation of improvements and the creation of a school-appointed Design Advisory Group (DAG). A Design Advisory Group is a committee of school stakeholders, which can include school staff, parents and community members, who work with the project design team to identify priorities especially when it comes to less defined aspects of a school's bond improvements such as money set aside for building renovations, specials programs upgrades (elementary) and art, theater and music improvements (secondary level).
It wasn't perhaps the celebration envisioned when ground was broken on a new career and technical education campus more than a year ago but Five Star Schools staff gathered Aug. 24 to celebrate substantial completion of construction on FutureForward at Washington Square , the district's second CTE campus.
The ceremony featured remarks from district leaders and a timely, socially- ...
The Five Star District has continued its recent run of success in earning state grants to help cover the costs of school improvement projects.
The district learned in June 2021 it had been awarded a pair of matching grants in the latest funding cycle of the state’s Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) Grant. The state approved 65 grant requests in this cycle valued at ...