Century Middle School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Bond improvement work will continue at Century Middle School in Summer 2020.
Work will include:
- Exterior site drainage improvement work
Bond improvement work took place in Summer 2019 and included:
- New carpeting and paint throughout the school
- New instrument storage in both the orchestra and band rooms
- Upgraded and additional security cameras
- New interactive whiteboards and projectors in every classroom (already installed)
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building systems/safety & security, and renovations & remodels
2020: Site drainage work as listed below in school grounds
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace - COMPLETED
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Upgrade fire alarm control system - COMPLETED
- Improve security camera system - COMPLETED
- Address site drainage to prevent water intrusion into building -
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems - COMPLETED
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems - COMPLETED
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives - COMPLETED