Horizon High School is committed to excellence on all fronts — academic achievement, arts, athletics and co-curricular activities. Horizon balances a holistic liberal arts education with rigorous content-specific curriculum to equip students for success beyond graduation.
Teachers and staff get to know students as individuals, guiding them through the wide variety of academic experiences at Horizon. Academically, students are challenged to think critically and problem solve. During their high school years, Horizon students develop a strong work ethic that empowers them to take responsibility for their choices, decisions and future.
In a safe, caring community, Horizon fosters global thinking and transformative experiences that shape students for success in the 21st-century world.
Adelante: A college readiness program specifically aimed to prepare students of diverse backgrounds.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see Superintendent Policy 5230.
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend. In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend an Adams 12 school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program. Applications for extended day kindergarten programs are accepted directly at participating schools.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Household Information Packet per family and an individual Student Information Packet for each student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Additional Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.