Adams 12 Five Star Schools offers preschool to a limited number of CPP qualifying children.The Colorado Preschool Program is funded by the state of Colorado. Eligible children will attend at no cost to the family. Classes are 4 days per week, 3 hours and 5 minutes per day.
To be eligible for the Colorado Preschool Program in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
The child and parent/guardian must reside within the boundaries of the Adams 12 Five Star Schools. (Two proofs of residency must be provided at the time of the screening appointment. To see if your address falls within our boundaries please use our Boundary Locator)
The child must be three years old on or before October 1, 2017.
The child must meet the State’s criteria for eligibility. (Some examples of qualifying risk factors are listed below)
Qualifying Risk Factors
- Child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch pursuant to the provisions of the Federal National School Lunch Act
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Child lives in a Multiple-Family Household
- Parent or Guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent.
These are just a few of the approximately 20 qualifying factors. You will be notified if your child qualifies at the time of the screening.
All students must have an up-to-date immunization record and physical, required by Colorado State Law, and an official birth certificate as they enter preschool.
The parent/guardian must be responsible for transportation to and from the program.
The child must go through the Adams 12 Five Star Schools free screening process. Screenings and the parent interview process will be held March through July of 2017. Space is limited and classes fill up quickly.
- Appointments must be scheduled for the screening. We will begin to accept phone calls for appointments on March 1, 2017. Call (720) 972-8762 or (720) 972-3870 (for Spanish Speakers) to schedule your appointment.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact Child Find at (720) 972-6145 or (720) 972-3870 for Spanish speakers.
Preschool Enrollment Packet
Click here for the preschool enrollment packet. This should only be completed after completing the screening process and being accepted into a preschool program.