Adams 12 Five Star Schools Expeditionary Learning provides full inclusion for all special needs students. Expeditionary Learning has historical data which demonstrates its schools to be an environment where learning is:
- Active: Students are scientists, urban planner, historians, and activists. They investigate real community problems and collaborate with peers to develop creative, actionable solutions.
- Challenging: Students at all levels are pushed and supported to do more than they think they can. Excellence is expected in the quality of their work and thinking.
- Meaningful: Students apply their skills and knowledge to real-world issues and make positive change in their communities. They see the relevance of their learning and are motivated by understanding that learning has purpose.
- Public: Through formal structures of presentation, exhibition, critique, and data analysis students and teachers build a shared vision of pathways to achievement.
- Collaborative: School leaders, teachers, students, and families share rigorous expectations for quality work, achievement, and behavior. Trust, respect, responsibility, and joy in learning permeate the school culture.
Adams 12 offers Expeditionary Learning at Rocky Mountain Elementary School