CPP Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year will not begin until March 2020. Please check back regularly for updated information on the Enrollment Process and Dates
We are still accepting names for the wait list for enrollment for the 2019-2020 Preschool Program
Process for being added to the waitlist for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP):
- Complete the following 2019-2020 CPP Application Form
- Eligibility will be determined
- Families will be contacted by the preschool office to schedule an appointment to finalize enrollment as space becomes available.
Appointments will be held at The Early Childhood Center at 455 Eppinger Blvd., Thornton, CO 80229.
If you have already printed and filled out the enrollment packet, bring the packet to the enrollment appointment. Do not bring it to the Early Childhood Center prior to an enrollment appointment. Packets will also be available when you come for your appointment.
To be eligible for CPP in Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
- The child and parent/guardian must reside within the Adams 12 Five Star School Boundaries. Please use the boundary locator to determine if you live within Adams 12 Boundaries https://www.adams12.org/departments/admissions/boundary-locator .
- Priority enrollment is given to students who turn 4 years old on or before October 1, 2019. All 4 year old students must meet at least one of the qualifying risk factors. All qualifying 3 year olds (three on or before October 1, 2019) will be placed on a waitlist and will be enrolled if space becomes available.
Students need to qualify with state criteria for eligibility into the Colorado Preschool Program at no cost to the family. Below are the qualifying risk factors for either a 4 year old (1 risk factor required) or a 3 year old (3 risk factors required) for the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP).
- The child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch
- Homelessness of the child’s family
- Child is receiving services from the State Department of Social Services as neglected or dependent children
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Poor social skills of the child
- Frequent relocation by the child’s family to new residences
- The child’s parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent
- Parent(s) of the child was less than eighteen years of age and unmarried when the child was born
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child’s family
- An abusive adult residing in the home of the child
In order for an enrollment application to be considered, families must provide the following at the time of the appointment:
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools Preschool Enrollment Packet. (The Enrollment Packet must be completed for your child to be considered for the program. Enrollment Packets will be accepted on enrollment days only. Incomplete paperwork will not be accepted and will need to be brought back at a later date)
- Family Economic Survey (to verify eligibility for low income status - available at the screening)
- Copy of child’s government issued birth certificate
- Copy of child’s immunization record
One proof of residency*, original or online print out, for current or last month with parent’s name and address clearly marked (examples below):
- Electric, cable, internet, trash or water bill;
- Mortgage statement; rental, lease or purchase agreements;
Homeowners or renters insurance
*If you are living with another family the following is required for proof of residency
- One Proof of Residency from the owner (see examples above) and One Proof of Residency from the parent for the current or last month (ex: cell phone, credit card bill, insurance bills)
- Declaration of Residency must be signed by the owner of the residence with whom you live and by the parent or;
- A letter from the owner of the residence stating that you and your child(ren) currently live at that address.
Important Tips for CPP Enrollment:
- Due to limited space and the amount of staff available, please plan to only bring the student who will be enrolling into preschool.
- Bring activities, snacks, etc. for your preschooler.
- Families will be able to request locations on the day of the appointment, but several factors influence placement decisions and we are unable to guarantee your location request will be approved.
CPP Preschool Enrollment will only be done through the Early Childhood Office, not at the individual school location. For a list of Preschool Locations click here: www.adams12.org/preschool/preschool-locations
If you have any questions, contact our Early Childhood Office at 720-972-8762. For Spanish only - call 720-972-3870.
At Adams 12 Child Find, we make sure that children demonstrating they may have difficulty in learning or possible delays, can get the help they need to be successful. Below is a list of developmental areas that we may evaluate:
- academic (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- motor (fine and gross motor)
- hearing and/or vision
Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or community agency. The process for children age 3-5 will begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a multi-disciplinary, play-based, evaluation. The team, including parents, will then make some decisions about next steps, which include eligibility for special education services.
If you have concerns about your child's development please contact:
- Jody Davis at 720-972-6145
- Katrina Groetken at 720-972-3870 for Spanish-speaking families.
Birth to 3 years old
For children who are ages birth through 3 years old, we partner with an outside agency. The agency is dependent upon which county you live in:
- For Adams County, please call North Metro Community Services at 303-453-3302
- For Broomfield County, please call Imagine! at 303-604-5424