A districtwide network of parent group leaders
Parent leaders are essential for our schools, doing everything from planning PTO meetings, volunteering in the library, fundraising for supplies, creating community events, helping principals communicate with other parents and much more.
But why should leaders of parent groups work alone?
- What if parent leaders from other schools were having the same struggles?
- What if they had a great ideas for fundraisers?
- What if they had extra resources they could share with schools in need of resources?
Introducing the Parent Leader Action Network (PLAN): an opportunity for leaders of parent groups to network with other parent leaders from across the
district and collaborate on leadership support, resource sharing, engagement strategies and fundraising ideas.
Initiated by two Adams 12 parents, the group is open to any parent who leads any type of group in a school: PTO/A, SAC, SIT, PTG, booster club, parent support group, fundraising committee, etc. The group meets quarterly throughout the year, most often at the Adams 12 Educational Support Center.
2017 Meeting Dates
- Thursday, February 9, 2017 from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Sessions are free but we ask that you RSVP for meal planning.
Each PLAN session features FREE dinner and is hosted at the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Educational Support Center at 1500 E 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241.
For more information or to RSVP for a meeting, please contact Mark Poshak.