The Long Range Planning Advisory Committee (LRPAC) is a community-led oversight committee featuring parents and community members of Adams 12 Five Star Schools. The LRPAC will serve as a bond oversight and accountability committee for the 2016 Bond Program.
Long-term, the committee will advise the Superintendent on short-range facility issues as well as the development of long-range facility plans that support student success through the implementation of the most cost-effective solutions to the district’s capital needs. The committee is intended to provide a high level of accountability, engagement and communication between district leadership and the citizens of Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
The committee will make its findings and recommendations to the Superintendent and Board of Education.
The LRPAC will make recommendations to the Superintendent that may include any of the following:
- Determine priorities for, or components of, bond proposals;
- Oversee and review bond construction projects, including quarterly staff reports regarding the expenditure of bond funds, to ensure they align with what was approved by voters;
- Review significant changes in the scope and/or budget of projects contained in bond measures approved by voters to determine that such changes are reasonable under the circumstances;
- Review and recommend to the Superintendent proposed expenditures of surplus bond proceeds, if applicable;
- Provide biannual reports to the Board of Education on the spending and progress of the bond through the entire bond program and culminating with a final summary of all originally planned bond projects compared to completed projects;
- Assess appropriate processes for adoption/modification of school attendance area boundaries;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Chief Operating Officer.
In addition, the LRPAC will act as a liaison between the district and the community in order to ensure stakeholders are engaged and their values and priorities are reflected in the process.
Read the 2016-17 Committee Charge.
The LRPAC made its final recommendation to the Board of Education in April 2016.
So what's next?
For updated information on on-going bond projects, visit www.adams12.org/bond
For detailed information on state funding declines, budget crunches and facility needs, visit Funding 101.