Have You Ever Wondered?
- Where the money for education comes from and where it goes?
- What’s the value of different assessments?
- How we keep our kids safe in school?
- How you can make a difference in local and state education?
Get answers to these questions, and so much more, while making lasting connections with district leaders, parents and community members.
The Five Star Leadership Academy is an opportunity for Adams 12 Five Star Schools parents and community members to increase their knowledge of district and state education affairs.
The program creates a sense of shared responsibility and partnership, empowering graduates with information and resources needed to step into leadership roles within our schools, district or community.
The one-year program begins each September. Meetings will be held once a month on Fridays from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Educational Support Center (ESC), 1500 E. 128th Ave. in Thornton.
The goal of the Five Star Leadership Academy is to empower members to become involved in state and local education and take on future leadership roles within the district by becoming a group who:
- Knows What: Knowledge of district and public education policies, actions and works.
- Knows Who: Personal relationships with school administrators and staff, elected officials and other parents and community members.
- Knows How: Healthy public participation with an increased knowledge of navigating "wicked" problems and engaging with differing opinions.
Applying for the Five Star Leadership Academy
Applications for the 2017-18 Five Star Leadership Academy are accepted until April 30, 2017.
For questions, please contact Mark Poshak.