Volunteers are among the Five Star District's most valuable assets used to assist schools in providing the best possible education for each student. Volunteers help:
- to provide teachers with more time to work with students
- to enrich children's learning opportunities
- to provide individual attention to children who may need more one-on-one assistance than the classroom teacher is able to provide
- to promore a school/home/community partnership for quality education
- to assist teachers and support personnel in non-instructional tasks
Those interested in volunteering should read the Volunteer Handbook posted below. It features information on specific volunteer opportunities, application procedures, district policies and the volunteer code of conduct agreement. Prospective volunteers can also download an application form below.
Our volunteers' contributions to the lives of our students and community are invaluable. We are grateful to have a community of citizens of all ages that values the future of our kids.
If you are interested in volunteering for a particular school, please call or visit the school directly. They will have the appropriate forms and steps for you.