The mission of the District School Improvement Team (DSIT) is to engage the community in the success of Adams 12 Five Star Schools in providing educational experiences to ensure students reach their full potential.
We will do this through:
- Partnering with stakeholder groups;
- Facilitating communication between parents and educators;
- Providing tools and resources to empower parents to more effecitvely engage in their local schools;
- Advocating for parents and community members who have questions or concerns; and
- Mentoring parents and community members interested in leadership positions within their schools or DSIT.
DSIT Focus Areas
The DSIT organizes its activities through six standing committees (learn more about joining our standing committees by going to Get Involved):
- Charter Review
- Budget Review
- Policy Council
- School-Level Outreach
Parental and Community Engagement
DSIT plays an important role in the success of the district by serving as a vehicle cor parental engagement. For information and resources on best practices in this area, please refer to the Resources page.